Thursday, December 14, 2006

Farce has returned, please be seated

Alas I have been gone for a bit - it's not that I didn't care for or even love dearly the throngs of people who visit this blog - I was simply busy trying to finish up my semester. Two 4,000 word papers and a small book project later I am a one to two page 'manifesto' away from being done. Of course, what does 'done' really mean anyway? I am now doubly busy trying to put together a portfolio and Curriculum Vitae for the academic positions that I am going to apply for. These applications are all due by January 5 or so which leaves me little time to breathe considering that I am also preparing the background work for my Master's Design Study (thesis) which I will work on throughout the Spring semester.

Sad news on the grades homefront - I was working on a perfect 4.0 and was convinced that graduate students received only A's, that is until this semester. I am expecting 1 or 2 B's and an A. This during a semester that I intentionally took no design studio so that I could have an easier time of it. I know this is petty stuff but if you saw my grade reports from undergraduate school you would understand why it was important to me to prove that I could be a good student. We'll see.

I am making a frame for my parents that will have my photomontage "redgreenblue bennyboo" inserted into it (luckily they don't read this blog). Emilie and I are in the making mood (not baby-making though)this Christmas so don't be stunned if what you open doesn't have a corporate logo on it.

The boys are good. I am lucky.

Oh, and I played two 15 year olds in basketball the day before yesterday and won all four games. (and if you're thinking that I was beating up on younger kids you have to remember that I am an old man with old bones that don't work the way they use to and one of the kids is on the high school basketball team) - but I am still crafty after all these years. I suppose that's why I was always known as "Tricky Rick" - I think 'Papa Bear' made that one up.

5 comments:

Francie said...

Saying 'on the high school basketball team' is not quite specific. He could be on the 'B' or 'C' team.

Congrats on the grades! I am hoping to make my first A in grad school. But I've been super pleased with my B's.

Farce Withers said...

I am going to assume for the sake of my ego that he is the star of the team - and perhaps even the greatest high school basketball player in the country. I am expecting pro scouts to knock on my door at any moment.

Jenny said...

"B"'s are saved for the humble. "C"'s are failing. Be grateful and not too hard on yourself. You are still worthy.

Farce Withers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Farce Withers said...

Not sure about that one 'shouten short'. I'd rather practice humility with a few a's in my pocket.