Friday, March 02, 2007

Travel Scholarship

I recently found out that I have received a travel scholarship from UT. The scholarship is meant for research towards my Masters Design Study. Emilie and I will hopefully be traveling to Seattle to visit the central library (picture shown on previous post) as well as the other branches. Word on the street is that Seattle is putting some good money into their library systems buildings - good for them.

On a different note - Enterprise, Alabama, a town that I grew up in and where my sister (Gina) still lives, was hit yesterday with a major tornado which killed a number of people. The tornado went directly over the hospital where Gina works and levelled a large portion of Enterprise High School. Gina and her family are ok but shaken. My hopes and thoughts go out to them.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Good for you! Have fun and see lots. Holland has libraries, too. I am glad your sister and family weren't hurt in the tornado.

Francie said...

Holland has libraries?

Farce Withers said...

I was surprised too.