Thursday, May 15, 2008

Summer News

I found out a couple of weeks ago that I won the "Outstanding Faculty Award" - I didn't even realize it existed until they called my name for it. What makes me the happiest is that it is voted on by the student body - i'm glad they like me at least a little bit.

I am teaching a summer course and working on summer research with two RAs that i've hired for the summer. I also found out that I was awarded a grant from the Sustainable Idaho Initiative - small but will help with some summer work and travel. I have somehow alotted myself as much or more summer work than what I had during the semester. Someday before I die I hope to have summers off again - it's only human.

This Fall should be fun, eventful, and somewhat intense. I will be teaching the Furniture Design class and a 4th year studio. The studio project will be a carbon-neutral living facility for the McCall Field Campus. If things go well and the project gets funded we will be building it during the summer of 2009. I am also doing a directed study for a project involving an analysis of the FEMA Trailer and its use after Hurricane Katrina - am working on this with one student.

Other than that a little golf and a lot of baseball and soccer with my boys.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Congratulations on your award. I know you deserved it. You are a busy man but seem to be enjoying what you're doing. That is what counts. Neat projects. Want to hear more.