Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Alen's Chair and the Summer Begins...

We found out a few days ago that a chair built during our fall Furniture Design and Construction studio was selected as a finalist at the the AWFS (Association of Woodworking and Furnishings Suppliers) national competition. This could mean up to 5k for Alen Mahic, about 2k for the U of Idaho, and a trip for Alen and myself to Las Vegas! I've been aggressively working on my Texas Hold'em skills as I realize that this is an essential part of the trip :) ! Now, before I milk some people out of people at the poker table, I have to milk a little money out of my wife to get me started!!



In other news, I took Topher fishing and we caught a few Blue Gills. I am on a softball team - wonderful guys on the team, we have fun playing the game - and a lot more fun drinking beer and making fun of how we played afterwards.

Topher and Benny are both playing soccer and starting baseball. They are both becoming a major force on the soccer fields. I taught both of them how to arm guard in soccer and now I may have to retract some of my lessons as there is starting to be a little pushing and shoving going on. I am so proud of them both.

We also bought a Wii recently - I am reliving my youth as a skateboarder with a game called 'Skate It' - it is really fun!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Congratulations on your chair project and the trip to LV. Sounds like you're having a good season. Photos of CCJ and the fish?

Francie said...

I bet you guys are having a ton of fun with your Wii!

Farce Withers said...

Oh my god yes!

Jenny said...

Anything going on up there?