Saturday, May 12, 2007

Quick Update

Had my final thesis review today - my project went over well, below are a few renderings of what the building ended up becoming (the program itself was for a new central library in Fort Worth).
The review went well and I am happy to have it done. I am sad to be leaving school (I never would have said that about undergraduate school) - I have enjoyed my time at UT very much.

I am still waiting on word from Idaho and K State about teaching opportunties - fingers crossed.

Our house has recently gone under contract, young couple - first time home buyers - we'll see.

Topher's team is in the playoffs right now - they won their first game. We also found out that he will be playing on the all-star team, busy summer of baseball for the Jacobus family (just like I like it!)

I am going to be teaching at the Summer Academy at UT - a program that allows people who are trying to decide whether or not they want a career in architecture a 4 week intensive studio. That will be my month of June.

I guess that's it - we'll see what life has in store for us over the next few months. I am officially unemployed - YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Francie said...

Ain't it great? You can spend some time catching up on your Soaps.

Farce Withers said...

Are Luke and Laura still an item on General Hospital - that's the last Soap I was into...

Jenny said...

Congratulations on a job well done! Wish I could be there for the ceremonies and party Saturday. A Master of Architecture? You did your best and it will be your reward.

Francie said...

I'm not sure about Luke and Laura, but I did see Lucas Kiriakis on Days of Our Lives the other day and was quite apalled that I still knew his name.

Ryan V. said...

I'd like to be unemployed. I think I could really excel at it.