Saturday, April 30, 2005

Don't think of it as losing 6%, think of it as gaining a realtor

Emilie and I interviewed 5 realtors this past week; yes 5. We listened to what each had to say, in what ways they would list the house, what they bring to the table, what they would be willing to accept for a commision, etc. We came out of the whole thing knowing only that one of the realtors was not for us. The others were fairly equal - each having some things we liked and some things we did not. We are still trying to decide who to work with - 5 or 6% is pretty steep.

Played golf with Logan yesterday. I shot a 46 on the front nine in some pretty hefty winds. We decided to play the same nine twice and I shot a 41 on the back (was even after 4). I was proud of myself because I have a tendency to let my front nine score affect how I play on the back.

Had a garage sale today, was ok, made about $100. Leaving for Austin tomorrow morning and will be there for two days; trying to get a sense of things.

Logan, my last words of this entry are for you and I know you will appreciate them:

'Hook em'

6 comments:

Francie said...

Farce- how was Austin? Did your sweetie have successful interviews?

Farce Withers said...

Yes Yes Yes. She did so wonderfully. Interviewed with three different principals and was offered a job by each one. I am so constantly proud and in awe of her. She accepted a job at a school that is probably ten minutes or so from where we will live. She is special.

Francie said...

Man- that is so awesome! She really is a spectacular lady. I must call and congratulate. Now, if I could only remember to pick up the phone before 10pm.....

Ryan V. said...

The house on down the street from us is under contract after being on the market less than a week.

Me said...

I would have sold your house for you for only 4%...

Farce Withers said...

To Pal: I would have paid you 3%.

To Distort: It went in less than a week because the buyer wanted to live near you. You have a reputation around town.

To all: Merry Christmas and a happy new year. Roll Tide! I mean 'gig em horns'.