Monday, February 06, 2006

Barcelona and Bush Bashing

Been a long while. Saw Francie this weekend and she inspired me to write in the blog again.

Quick update since last we spoke: Texas won football national championship (due to my influence as a student of course), I am a teacher's assistant and have two classes of 27 that i'm responsible for (I know what you're thinking - "HIM?"), did well last semester, 4.0 for those interested - first time since 3rd grade I think (I was also class president then!! I am on a ten year cycle of achievement), I just got my first 'big/little' job as an independent practicioner of architecture, I am in the Barcelona studio here at school - segway...

We traveled to Spain for 8 days tromping through the wonderful streets of Barcelona. By our estimations we walked btwn 15-20 mi/day...my old bones felt it - but I kept up with the younguns. We are working on a project for the 'Mies van der Rohe Foundation' across from the Barcelona Pavilion, a famous and instrumental work of the early 20th century. Hard project. A little america bashing is in order here - we are very very far behind socially. A professor told us an interesting statistic the other day: 98% of America's wealth is held by 2% of its population. Of course, I think he is a communist (not sure). That just blew my mind.

Made two books over the christmas holidays - still a goal of 500 books before death. School and work are getting in my way though.

Bush wants another 70 billion for Iraq. I thought his initial estimate was 80 billion total. Aren't we at 300 billion now - and counting? I would like a list of the people who voted for him - they should be paying for this war. So much for the liberals being the spenders. Republican Americans are a strange lot - they seem to care more about eliminating adulterous sex then about mass murder and violence. and they thought there were 'rape rooms' in Iraq before we invaded........

2 comments:

Dr. Lecho Guave said...

rape rooms? do tell more!

Farce Withers said...

You know - like in the United States capitol building.