Saturday, February 18, 2006

CITYCRAFT

Had a good meeting with my client (first official) today about the house addition I am working on for them. They loved the plans I put together (though we changed 50% of them) and we had a good schematic design working session. I think I enjoy smaller, more personal jobs. I have heard, and know from experience that they are more difficult and you make less money but there is something about the satisfaction you see on people's faces or their excitement that makes it worth my while. That is not to say that I won't get sued by these people (Logan reading this licking his chops) but still - for now it is fun. My company name is 'Citycraft' unofficially - Chi and I are not taking it too seriously and just seeing where it goes. Spread the word - the ship is afloat.

7 comments:

Dr. Lecho Guave said...

Congratulations! Next time I buy a house, this time not in a poorly managed, poverty stricken, flood prone city, I will have to get your assistance with it, unless you are thrown in jail after being sued after this project.

Farce Withers said...

I would still be able to design your residence from jail - would be especially inspired for the dungeon space.

Ryan V. said...

Citycraft is a good name. I ran a quick search with the Texas Secretary of State, and it has not been registered yet. I'd recommend at least registering it as a d/b/a ("doing business as"). You can do it yourself fairly inexpensively.

Farce Withers said...

Thanks ryan. We were planning to register it - but I was waiting to see if my first client canned me. Highly likely - but the meetings have gone well.

Francie said...

Boy have I got a job for you. Maybe you could take a look at our new house and see if there is potential. We don't care for the look from the street. Funds are a little stretched at the moment, but I've worked deals with rounds of golf...

Dr. Lecho Guave said...

LOL, I think Citycraft is still registered as a business name in Brooklyn, NY. Do those things transfer nationally or are you "kosher" in Texas?

Farce Withers said...

Send a picture of your house - think of Citycraft as inexpensive plastic surgeons.