Monday, February 28, 2005

A Complaint About Captain Lecho Guave

I am worried about my captain, Lecho Guave. He has not posted in his blog since February 15th. Surely, were he alive, he would have posted by now. I have written this poem as a safe haven for my emotions, I am distrought, I do not know what else to do.

O CAPTAIN! My Captain! Our fearful trip's begun;
The ship will weather every rack, the prize we seek we'll win;
The port too far for the bells to hear the people all exulting,
We must maintain a steady keel, this vessels grim and daring:
But O heart! heart! heart!
O the bleeding drops of red,
Is that my captain lying on the deck,
Fallen cold and dead?

2 comments:

Dr. Lecho Guave said...

Here I am.

Is there an IKEA in Dallas?

Me said...

Lunch was good. What you didn't know and what I didn't tell you was that I knew you were right behind me on the street about a block back as you were walking to the restaurant.

I thought about bolting into a sprint to see if you would have noticed, but I was so hungry I figured...eh pass.